Friday, October 12, 2012

The Kinky Wolfman

I love a good cocktail.  I'm pretty picky about what I will try though.  Usually if it is sweet, I'm game to try, but usually ones that are made with harder liquors-I tend to shy away. Not a fan of the burning sensation when it goes down.  I remember sneaking little nips of Jack Daniels when we went camping when no one was looking. I couldn't figure out how my Dad loved it so much when it burned like liquid fire going down.



Last Spring I was able to attend a fund raising function for Second Harvest Hope in the Heartland.  As I work for a food company, many people were invited to this fundraiser.  My boss knows that I love to cook and asked if I would like to take one of the tickets given to her boss.  It was such a wonderful event. There is a silent auction, a live auction, many local restaurants came and served tastes from their establishments. It was the first time I had pork belly. Oh. My. God.

They also pick a signature drink for the night. On that night it was the Kinkytini. It was fabulous. I went right out that weekend and bought the ingredients. I will share that one later.

The one tonight is called the Kinky Wolfman.  I believe the recipe said the name of the Irish whiskey had the name "Wolf" in it, but I couldn't find it.  I found this recipe in our grocery store circular of all places.  Here in Minnesota, you cannot buy liquor in grocery stores, but some grocery stores have liquor stores next door.

Our local liquor store didn't have any Irish Whiskey in small bottles and I had no idea if I would like it, so I didn't want to buy a large bottle. Dude doesn't like the darker liquors, so I substituted Canadian Whiskey I could get in a small bottle. Oh yeah, this was a keeper.



The Kinky Wolfman

1 ounce Irish Whiskey
2 ounces Kinky Liqueur
3 ounces Ginger ale

In small shaker, mix the Whiskey, the Liqueur and a couple of ice cubes. Shake until cold. Pour into cocktail glass and top with the 3 ounces of Ginger ale.  Give a stir and enjoy.

I taste tested 3 tonight.  I'm suppose to be getting food prepared for our Fall Frolic at our house tomorrow.  I'm thinking sleep is a better idea!


No comments: