Monday, May 25, 2009

Cheers

Hi all, how is everyone? Been MIA since my birthday, but have been working and still planning the party. No help is being offered and I'm losing my patience. To drown my sorrows, I whipped up a cocktail that Rachael Ray had on either "$40 A Day" or "Tasty Travels". It is called a Dark and Stormy. Pretty simple cocktail and it had a different vibe to it. I'm usually all about the sweet drinks-I don't like something that slaps me across the taste buds and makes my shudder. Except Kamikaze's-those are like heaven on a warm summer night!

Dark and Stormy
Ice
1/4 of a lime, wedged
2 oz dark rum
10 oz ginger BEER (not ale)

Fill large glass with ice (the recipe said a 12 oz glass-math wasn't my strong suit, but I know a little about mass, and 12 oz of liquid plus ice will not fit in a 12 oz glass!) Squeeze the lime over the ice and throw in the glass. Add the rum and the ginger beer. Give it a stir and enjoy. The ginger flavor is much more evident in the ginger beer than in ginger ale. It was good and refreshing....


and enjoyed it here........
This is my anniversary present. I had to paint it and put it together myself....hmmmm, WTF?
Hope everyone has a nice Memorial day and eats lots of good food!

8 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

You and I just HAVE to hang out. HAVE to. We would have a blast. LOVE that drink.. Im all over that one darling!

Hit 40 said...

Maybe next anniversary you can get him something to build and take care of himself... a blow up doll?

Heather said...

mmm. i really enjoy dark and stormys. and so fitting for your mood ;)

Debbie said...

Not much of a drinker but that certainly sounds good!!!

noble pig said...

I love ginger beer!

Debbie said...

The only hangover I've ever had was from kamikasi's. but I loved them all.....

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Nice to see you on the blogosphere - I'm from Roch, MN - saw your blog on the Rachael Ray roundup site. :) Cheers! Look forward to following you.

justjoycee said...

Looks soooo refreshing!!!!!