Saturday, December 4, 2010

French Toast and a snowy night

Who blogs about French toast, right?

I guess I am. I have to follow a low fiber diet for three days so I can go have the big "C" next week. I know, you are all jealous. There wasn't a whole lot on the list to choose from that I like, other than pancakes, French toast, saltines, cooked potatoes, Jello, pudding and carrots. Really-I don't like yogurt, or wax beans or spinach (unless it is in dip form). I am limited.
I decided to jazz up the regular ingredients a little just because.

Jazzy French Toast (for lack of a better title)
4 slices Texas Toast
2 eggs
about 1/4 whipping cream (I eyeballed it)
1 TBSP real maple syrup
2 TBSP light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Beat eggs lightly; stir in whipping cream and beat well. Add rest of ingredients and stir to combine. Soak each slice of bread for a good 30 seconds on each side so it can soak in. Fry up on your griddle. Top with you choice of toppings-I always pick butter and syrup.
Enjoy it while watching it snow, and snow, and snow some more.
This is what it looked like this morning when I got up. Between 10 to 12 inches in the yard.

And Tofu thought she would enjoy some French Toast too. I broke her little heart and didn't let her have any-she got spaghetti noodles on Thursday.


5 comments:

grace said...

very few things are as satisfying as french toast, and i mean that. what a way to greet the day!

Pam said...

I love French toast and yours looks so good - especially with it slathered in butter and syrup.

Tofu is too cute.

Jennifer said...

That looks yummy! Good luck on the big C, I dread the day. p.s. I am sooo jealous of your snow!

Hungry Dog said...

Good luck at the big C. Yikes. You're a trooper. And your french toast looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

This french toast looks awesome! And perfect on a snowy day... it's record cold here in Indiana with only a couple of inches on the ground.