Saturday, July 9, 2011

Independence Play

 I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe 4th of July. We celebrated with our good friend and one of her daughters. You may remember me speaking last year around this time about my friend. Her and her husband were our very best friends. We went on vacation, had BBQ's, went to car shows, out to dinner, spent most of the past 17 years together on New Year's Eve eating junk food and playing cards. He cheated, for the about the whole time we knew them, and it broke her heart. She is picking up the pieces of her life and mess he left her with.

We had been waiting to get her out on the boat and as we normally spend the 4th together, we thought this would be the perfect way to celebrate.

We laughed so much-all day. After boating and tubing we came back to our house and grilled up dinner, played a game and laughed some more.

It was the ultimate 4th of July celebration-my hubby, my girls and our dearest friend.

We are so very blessed.
 Hermit Crab

 Drama Queen and Hermit Crab holding on for dear life!

 Our friend J and her daughter B

 J and B on the tub-squealing

Drama Queen and Hermit Crab-one last ride before we leave

3 comments:

Alea Milham said...

I'm glad you had a great day with your friend! Looks like a very happy 4th!

Hungry Dog said...

Sounds like a great time! I'm crying just looking at the sunshine and the idea of wearing bathing suits. We've got the heater on and I'm wearing a big wool sweater. Ugh.

Jennifer said...

Hurray, you are back, we have had some crappy luck around here lately so I have not been on the computer much! Glad to see you!