Thursday, July 21, 2011

Snicker Salad and the Photo that didn't happen



I never thought it would be so hard to photograph a plate of food. I tried inside, I tried outside, with a flash, without-I just couldn't make this look pretty.


But it does taste good!

Snicker Salad

3 medium Granny Smith apples
2 standard size Snicker candy bars, chilled
1 tub of Cool Whip
lemon juice

Cut apples into bite size pieces. Sprinkle with the lemon juice so they don't brown. If you have juice that has accumulated in the bowl, carefully pour it out.
Remove candy bars from fridge. Cut in half length-wise and then cut the each half into small slices. Chilling the candy bars makes them easier to cut.
Place candy bar pieces in the bowl with the apples. Scoop the Cool Whip into the bowl and stir to combine all of the elements.

Lick the Cool Whip spoon.

While it didn't photograph well, it was gobbled up quickly.

6 comments:

Shelby said...

The ingredients say it all....but I totally understand about a photo. I had that problem with a pasta salad I made that was so delicious. I couldn't make it pretty for anything!

grace said...

oh my. this is completely sinful and scrumptious. hey, after all, an apple a day keeps the doctor away, right? :)

Emily said...

Don't you hate that?

I bet this salad was delicious! From now on, I only want to eat salads with Snickers Bar in them.

Unknown said...

Please for Christ sake please help me
I need your help and support to help PAY MY Tuition Fees. I need your only 3 to 5 minutes approximately

What you have to do is
1.go to Google.com and search "Kwotz-Golden Words of Life"
2.then visit my blog from the the search results.
3.Remain on the page i.e Kwotz for one minute or so and do some random surfing
4. click ONE of the ads that appeals to you from AdChoices and visit there.
5.remain on that page for one minute or so and do some random surfing.
and that's it.

NOTE: Please only visit through Google or any search engine. Only ONE click is needed.
I will be grateful to you.
May God Bless You.

MaryBeth said...

I would so gobble this up in a heart beat...

Kitchen worktops guy said...

Don't worry about the photograph - we can imagine it! It sounds like a good combination of flavours - not something I'd have traditionally put together!