Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Are you cooking anything tonight?






This has been a question I have heard a lot in the last couple weeks. With everything going on, there hasn't been much cooking going on in our kitchen, other than quick meals that I have already posted. While shopping last week, we saw these Popcorn potatoes. I thought they would be fun to try. Hmmm, basically they were Tater Tots. A little disappointed. Last night Drama Queen wanted some stir fry. I'm so not proficient in this type of cooking, but I winged it with some chicken breasts, green and red peppers, shallots, green top onions and some ginger. I stirred in a little sweet and sour sauce and some plum sauce. We served it with some rice and I have to say it wasn't half bad! I forgot to take a photo until after we ate, and the light in my kitchen is no longer working, so the lighting on it is pretty bad. Dude thinks it is just okay to jiggle the light switch like a ba-jillion times to get it to work. Not working. Exasperated sigh.
I'm still working on Hermit Crab's scrapbook-nothing like last minute! I finished her posters today since she received some awards and scholarships and wanted to included those along with pictures of graduation night. She is a tired girl already as she started working back at the seed company today plus working weekends at the taco shop. She needs to save that money for school :)
Back to the scrapbook.......

7 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Stir-frys are one of my favorite dishes, I cant say Ive ever mastered the technique however.
Good luck with the scrapbook, I am sure it will turn out beautifully.

Wandering Coyote said...

Popcorn potatoes? What will they think of next? Did they pop?

Spryte said...

Your stir fry looks delicious!

Bob said...

Mmmmm, stir fry. Looks good to me! I don't envy you all your business, it makes mine seem tame. :)

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Popcorn potatoes are a new one for me too. i hope you post some pictures of the scrapbook.

Heather said...

whoa! i've never heard of these before. they sound so yummy! i love stir fry!

Debbie said...

I just listened to a whole episode on the Splendid Kitchen on "Tots" (the kids don't call them tater tots anymore) and Tots are hot!!
the popcorn potatoes look good/fun too.