Saturday, January 10, 2009

Holy Guacamole, Batman!





This is what happens when you work overtime. The kitchen is a complete disaster area. Does anyone know how to actually clean up after themselves? Apparently not.









I cannot cook like this~









Ahh, much better.



Tonight we are going out to dinner with some dear friends that we haven't seen in quite awhile. They found a place they really like to eat called El Patio. It is a Mexican restaurant and I think there is a margarita in my immediate future! In honor of tonight's dinner, I am making guacamole. Two things to note: I usually add two more ingredients, but I had neither on hand and I had to use my avocados before they went bad. I didn't have a roma tomato nor any cilantro. It has much more flavor with both additions, but I had to work with what I had.



Guacamole


2 ripe avocados
sour cream
lemon juice
garlic
salt and pepper (pepper not pictured)






Slice the avocados in half; remove pit. Scoop out with spoon into bowl. Zest garlic into bowl.







Squeeze lemon juice on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until pretty smooth.










Stir in a couple TBSP of sour cream. At this point, this is where I would also stir in the tomatoes and the cilantro, if I had some.










Place plastic wrap over top; squish down on top of the dip to prevent browning. Refrigerate at least an hour so flavors meld. Add chips of your choice and enjoy!





No comments: