Saturday, February 14, 2009

Beating my head against a rock.....

or maybe I should be beating my children. No, not really, but they broke the computer!! Stupid myspace and jive (or something like that). My house computer won't fire up. The oldest one said "are you sure the power is on?" Do I look like a moron? The computer will turn on, but it won't come up. Just the green blinking light on the screen that says Microsoft. I just bought the darn thing 8 months ago after having our last one 9 years. I even bought myself a laptop with some of my severance pay. So now, all my pictures-on that computer. All my blog stuff-on that computer. I use my laptop for downloading my Itunes and a lot of my photos, but it is easier to use the family computer for blogging because of the desk and my wrists (too many years typing made them sad).


We have a friend at work who was a programmer (laid off) before coming to work with cereal. I am hoping I can entice him to come look at it by offering food. He is newly divorced, I've seen his dinner that he packs (normally orders out). He would be a fool to turn me down! Of course, he is a nice guy, so he'd probably do it out of the goodness of his heart.


Need to find a new hiding spot for the laptop.....the oldest told me she would put it "back in the jeans drawer under your favorite pair that ripped" and I can't throw out. Dang kids, not as easily fooled like before.
This is where I would rather be right now. Pueblo Bonita Mazatlan. Sigh. I didn't have computer issues while on the beach enjoying my Mai Tai's.........

3 comments:

Heather said...

i would rather be in mazatlan, too!! hope you get to fix your technical difficulties soon :)

Bob said...

Harsh. I just recently had computer issues myself, I had to reformat three times in as many weeks and then finally just had to put a new motherboard and processor in. Fortunately my brother had recently given me a second hard drive and that's what all my blog stuff has been on. Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

I am understand your feelings right now, it makes me crazy to think of lost information.