Friday, February 20, 2009

Taaaaa Daaaaaa

Okay, I had a great post planned for this event. It was going to be called "At Last" and then I was going to figure out how to put the sound player on and then have Etta James singing. But all those plans were foiled when I was looking at my favorite blogs the other morning I opened up Sugar Plum, and there, on her page, was At Last. Then when posting a comment I read others and saw they were commenting on her using the song (my kids had turned the sound down, so didn't realize a song was playing). WTF!!! Beaten to punch again. Of course, she has no idea who I am or why I was planning on using this format, so I will chalk it up to great minds thinking alike.


I have waited for this day for about 4 years. Waiting and hoping and planning. And those 6 days of overtime finally paid when this arrived at my door yesterday afternoon.........
Isn't she pretty? A Canon Rebel xsi 450D. It sounds fancy and I have absolutely no idea what it all means, but I have a Canon Rebel SLR that I have had for 9 years that I love, but it is hard to do film these days. I am trying to figure out how to make the LCD screen be the viewfinder, like my small Canon digital. Maybe that isn't an option? I don't know. The Drama Queen gave me a really odd look and raised her eyebrow when I told her to get out of the bathroom as I was bringing the camera and tripod into the biff. A girl has to do what a girl has to do!
Unfortunately I have to do taxes tonight so won't have a lot of time to play with her, but we are going to Wisconsin tomorrow to have a delayed Christmas (basically eating and drinking and talking trash) with my Mom and siblings, so I hope to get some tips from my niece is an amateur photog.
Off to liquor up and hope I don't have to pay the federal government any more money. Maybe it won't be so painful to do the taxes with a buzz on? Or maybe I won't cry as much.
I'll be back later with a bar recipe for our get together. It is my most requested dessert from my kids and people at work. Of course, it isn't mine as it is in my church's cookbook, but I make it for all of the occasions that I need to bring a good treat.

1 comment:

Heather said...

she's beautiful! lucky you!! does she have a name?