Friday, March 20, 2009

Better to eat bars then end up behind them

Here are the bars I made while talking with my mother. Thankfully I didn't dive in head first into the pan after that conversation. These are super easy and so delicious (Heather) that I know you will love them. The pan was empty when we came home from work the next morning-and the only people here were the two sunshine filled bundles of joy I gave birth to (rolling my eyes and counting my grey hairs). They must have had them for dinner, snack and breakfast.

Fudge Filled Bars

1 yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
2 TBSP softened butter
1 cup chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
1 can sweetened condensed milk




Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cake mix, eggs and the 1/2 cup melted butter. Press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of a 9x13 cake pan that has been sprayed with no-stick spray. Melt the chocolate chips, 2 TBSP butter and sweetened condensed milk. Pour over crust.


Pinch off pieces of remaining dough and scatter over top of chocolate layer.



Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.




These are really dense and very rich and oh so yummy. I highly recommend that you give them a try. Just don't make a pan while talking to your mom, or you may end up eating the entire pan.




Stop over at Donna's place at My Tasty Treasure's and enter her give away. You will also pick up some tips on, well, it involves a car wash and Stella getting her groove on. Here is the place you need to go Donna's giveaway

Have a great day everyone. I have a full weekend revolving around paint, cabinets, dinner out, drinks, dinner at a friend's with more drinks, and hopefully some food to post.






12 comments:

Heather said...

holy cow those look good! and i agree, it is better to eat bars than end up behind them ;)

Donna-FFW said...

Well, these just look absolutely terrific!! LOVE the ease of them. I enjoy working with cake mixes, it always works out well!! Thanks for the link. Regarding the bars, I like to hang out at them on occasion, want to join?

Bob said...

Those look wicked good. I probably shouldn't make them though, my girlfriend would get all stabby since she is trying to lose weight. Heh.

Pam said...

These bars would make me feel better after a 2 hour phone call with my mom.

Anonymous said...

Oooh these look good and fudgey!

test it comm said...

Those bars look good!

Spryte said...

Those look so good!!!

Monica H said...

YUM! These look so good and buttery and chocolatey.

I want one NOW!

Tiffany @ Eat at Home said...

I love a good bar cookie, especially one that involves chocolate.

SnoWhite said...

these look great!

Heidi said...

I Love these. We call them Can't Leave Alone Bars and I just posted about them a few weeks ago!

Stefani @ MommyEnterprises.com said...

I want to make these!!!! Bookmarking for sure.